IMPORTANT COVID VACCINE INFORMATION
URGENT COVID VACCINATIONS
New Pharmacy in the City now offering vaccinations
From Friday 2nd April Boots Chemist in Fleet Street will be administering the vaccination. This can be booked via the National Booking System. The pharmacy will be offering the AstraZeneca Vaccine.
City and Hackney CCG are now vaccinating people in priority groups 1- 9. Please see the guidance below.
- Residents aged 70 or above or clinically extremely vulnerable (high risk): Contact their GP if you have not had your first vaccination
- Frontline health and social care workers: Speak to your manager find out how to get an appointment locally.
- Residents aged 16-64 who are clinically vulnerable (moderate risk) or residents who are in receipt of a carer’s allowance, or are the main carer of an elderly or disabled person who is at increased risk of Covid-19 mortality and therefore clinically vulnerable - Please wait for your GP to contact you
Cohort 5,8 and 9:
- Residents aged 50-69: Please book an appointment using the national booking system for a list of sites or wait to be contacted by their GP
There are now six vaccination sites in City and Hackney. You need an appointment to attend these sites:
Primary Care sites (booked through GPs)
- John Scott Health Centre, Green Lanes, Hackney N4 2NU
- Bocking Street Vaccination Centre, Hackney Central E8 3RU
Pharmacy sites (booked through the National Booking site)
- Clockwork Pharmacy - 398-400 Mare Street, Hackney, London E8 1HP
- Bees Pharmacy - 199-201 Rushmore Road, Clapton, E5 0HD
- Haggerston Pharmacy - 201 Haggerston Road, E8 4HU
- Silverfields Chemist, 141 Homerton High Street, E9 6AS
Vaccinations for residents registered at Tower Hamlets GPs are being administered from:
- Newby Place Health and Wellbeing Centre, 21 Newby Place, Poplar, E14 0EY
- Queen Mary’s University, Arts Research Centre, Mile End Road, E14 4NS
Many Thanks and kind regards
Mercedes O'Garro (7.4.21)
During such extraordinary times, some of our services remain unchanged until further notice however we still remain open from 8am-6.30pm.
All routine appointments are triaged first with a consultation with a member of our clinical team. Please do not come to the practice unless you have been asked to do so (this is to help prevent spread of infection)
Appointments: You can still ask for medical advice by requesting for a telephone triage appointment on the day from 8am (currently this cannot be booked in advance). This may be done via telephone, video consultation or a face-2 -face appointment depending on your clinical needs which your doctor will decide and discuss with you.
Telephone Triage appointments can be booked via your patient access login from Midnight the night before the appointment.
Online Consult: A quick, convenient and secure way to digitally contact your GP surgery and get advice, without having to wait on the phone or take time out to come into the surgery to discuss certain medical topics or administrative matters. For further details, please visit: https://www.online-consult.co.uk/org/the-neaman-practice.
City & Hackney Confederation Hub appointments: You can request a routine non urgent telephone triage appointment in advance to be booked at the C& H Hub service (The Neaman Practice hosts this service only) on Saturdays between 8am-2pm. Please speak to a member of our reception team for further information.
Prescriptions: All repeat prescription requests to be made via your NHS/Patient Access account or via your nominated pharmacy (Please allow 48 working hours). Please note for new or expired or acute medication request, you may be required to speak to a clinician.
Registering a newborn baby: please follow the link and complete the New Patient Registration GMS1 form https://www.theneamanpractice.nhs.uk/new-patients-2 and then email email@example.com with your discharge summary and birth certificate and a member of our admin will be in touch with further instructions. Please note: all 6 weeks checks will be done at 8 weeks to align with the 8 week immunisation schedule. Postnatal checks will be carried out by a member of our clinical team, please call and ask for a telephone triage appointment.
Registering as a new patient: please follow the link and complete the forms on the webpage https://www.theneamanpractice.nhs.uk/new-patients-2 and then email your proof of address and your completed New Patient Questionnaire and Patient Registration (GMS1) form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow 5 working days to complete the registration.
If you need to self-isolate and need an isolation note for your employers, please follow the link: https://111.nhs.uk/isolation-note/. (%20https:/111.nhs.uk/isolation-note/. ) We will NOT be providing sick notes for isolating.
You can register for the NHS APP https://www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/nhs-services/the-nhs-app/) via your APP store and order your repeat prescription.
As ever we will continue to provide as much information as we can, as soon as we can via our website and text message service.
Thank you again for your support in these unprecedented times and we wish all of our patients well.
Kind regards,Mercedes O'Garro ( Practice Manager)