We are now giving flu vaccines to over 65's and patients clinically at risk.
We have not started the recalls for 50-64 year olds yet. This will start in the next couple weeks.
Please view your eligibility on the right.
New dates for Hoxton Health
Toenail cutting service available for patients who do not meet the criteria for Foothealth. This is a Charity and does incur a small fee (£15). Again our reception team are happy to signpost patients to this service.
The next clinical dates are
12th January 2022
9th Febuary 2022
9th March 2022
Patients abroad, either for leisure or business looking to speak to a GP in the Uk.
Please note we are not permitted to treat you if you are abroad. Please see medical attention from the services in your country of travel.
Medications can be permitted for up to 3 months prior to travel. Please speak to a GP at the surgery before travelling.
We have attached more information regarding healthcare abroad below:
Recording of overseas vaccinations
We continue to respond to queries concerning the recording of overseas vaccinations.
The following update from the London Coronavirus Response Cell (LCRC) on 24.08.21 clarifies the current situation:
“At the moment vaccines administered overseas cannot be recorded in the UK National Immunisation Management system (NIMS) which is the system used to show your vaccination status in the NHS App.
Therefore the ability to show any “overseas” Vaccination Certificate and request a Vaccination Passport is not currently available from the NHS.
This issue is being worked on at a national level and an update is expected shortly. Any queries regarding this issue need to be directed to NHS 119 or to NHS App support rather than the GP practice: https://www.nhs.uk/contact-us/nhs-app-contact-us/.
If people cannot access online services, and they are due to travel abroad in the near future, they can call 119 to request a letter that will provide evidence of their vaccination status. The NHS Vaccine Resolution Centre has now gone live for those who had COVID vaccinations abroad. This is accessible through 119.”
Sinead R. Downes
Updates & Announcements
Covid tests/ Certificates
Regarding covid tests or certificate for negative results etc for travel reasons this all has to be done via a private provider. Follow the link below for more information. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/nhs-covid-pass
Also info on covid travel tests
Support with self-isolation
Hackney Council and City of London Corporation are running an 8-week pilot project at Pembury and Woodberry Down estates in Hackney and Mansell Street, Middlesex Street and Golden Lane estates in the City in July and August. The project aims to better support residents who need to self-isolate for 10 days and who struggle to do so. Any household in one of the pilot areas where a positive case is found can access the support.
Who is it for?
Residents living in the pilot areas who:
tested positive for Covid-19 themselves, or
live with someone who tested positive for Covid-19, and
find it hard to self-isolate
How does it work?
Call the Covid-19 Helpline on 020 8356 3111, and select option 3. The line will be open Mon-Fri from 9-5 and Sat-Sun from 9.30-6.
If you come across someone who has tested positive or who lives with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19, you can do the following:
Fill in this Google form, or
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure you have the resident’s consent to share their name/phone number
Save this referral guide for information
Once the coordinator gets a referral -either through the form or by email- she will then call the person and talk to them about the support offer.
Do keep the handy referral guide. It gives you a summary of the support offer and some facts about the pilot.
Thank you for your support!
Don’t wait - there is support available. Let’s stop Covid-19 in its tracks and keep your household safe!
- Care information choices:
Previously there were two ways in which a patient could opt out of sharing their personal information:
- A type 1 opt out prevents information being shared outside a GP practice for purposes other than direct care.
- A type 2 opt out prevented information being shared outside NHS Digital for purposes beyond the individual's direct care.
Here's what you need to know:
- You can opt out at any time.
- NHS Digital will never sell your data.
- There are strict rules about how NHS can use your data. It's only shared securely and safely.
- Shared data helps the NHS. It has been used to find the first treatment for coronavirus and for vaccine research.
If you would like to opt out please click the link below and fill out the form. This form can be either emailed to email@example.com or posted to us or handed in at reception.
The surgery has been experiencing some line faults over the last couple of months. 12/5/21 we had an open reach engineer on site running line tests, which made our phone lines limited. Thank you to all patients for bearing with us during that time.
Neaman Management are working urgently with our phone line and broadband providers to resolve this issue.
We understand this is frustrating for our patients, so we are also taking the following steps to help with better access
- We have increased online booking significantly to 60% of routine 'on day' appointments
- We now have more administrators answering phones at our busiest times
-Management are monitoring the telephone service daily.
Update on foot health service:
Dear all patients,
It is has come to our attention that there has been uncertainty and confusion about how the Podiatry clinic at the Neaman Practice currently operates.
This service is not run by the Practice. It is provided by Homerton Hospital, and the practice facilitate a space to allow patients to receive care closer to home. Eligibility criteria, frequency of clinics and governance of this service is decided and managed by the Homerton Podiatric Medicine and surgery Service.
In order to clarify the uncertainty regarding their clinics, we have met with the service and can provide the following guidance
- Foot health have confirmed that they would be running a 6 weekly clinic at the Neaman Practice. The next clinic in on 4/6/21 .
- This clinic is only for patients currently on their caseload. Patients not on the caseload will need an appointment with a GP to see if they meet the eligibility requirements for the service.
- We have highlighted the need for effective communication from this service with regards to helping us assist them in making these clinics run smoothly.
- Unfortunately,as they use a different clinical system, they will not allow us to directly book patients into the clinic. However we have made all our Reception aware of how to signpost patients with regards to booking appointments.
- There is a separate Toenail cutting service available for patients who do not meet the criteria for Foothealth. This is a Charity and does incur a small fee (£15). Again our reception team are happy to signpost patients to this service.
The next dates for the service can be found below for the following 6 months.
If you are under the foot health team and would like to arrange an appointment, please call central Bookings Line: 02076834626
Next Clinic dates.
Friday 4th June
Friday 16th July
Friday 27th August
Friday 8th October
Friday 19th November
Friday 31st December
Mercedes O'garro 11.5.21
- Friday - Practice Doors are closed between 1pm-2pm
- Saturday- Open for the Hub (only pre-bookings)
- Bank holidays - Practice is not open